Wifi router is a common buzz now as most of us are totally dependent on Wireless internet whether its our zoom call with team or watching latest webseries on Netflix.
But if you are not much into tech world, you might be confused about what is the difference between single band router vs dual band router.
In this article, you will learn about dual band vs single band router in a layman’s language.
What is Single-band Router
A single-band router allows transmission of only a single frequency, i.e; 2.4 GHz. They are limited to a single signal frequency so they are cheaper as compared to the dual-band.
What is Dual Band Router
A Dual-Band router can handle two types of frequencies – 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. These frequencies may or may not be transmitted simultaneously. They provide faster stability and speed and are thus preferred over single band routers.
Difference Between Dual-band Router Vs Single-band Router
This is the most important thing to note in a wifi router and thus, the speed of a dual-band router is much higher as compared to a single band. A single-band can support a maximum of 300 Mbps speed whereas the dual-band can support way more and go up to 2000 Mbps. Dual-band is also more stable as compared to its counterpart.
Single-band routers have a good signal strength but as mentioned above are not stable enough and are suitable for a shorter range of area. They are the ideal choice when it comes to day to day usage of the internet, whereas if you are into gaming or need HD streaming only, dual-band is your choice. They are much more stable and will work well in large areas.
Considering the features that both routers provide, single-band is cheaper as compared to dual-band. You do miss out on some features but get a great connection under 3000. Dual-band is much more expensive, given its features and ranges under 10,000.
Compatibility is important for you because it is the factor that determines the technology and thus, the wifi options. The single band is compatible with the old technology, whereas the dual-band is compatible with both old and new technology.
Top 3 Best Single Band Routers in India
#1. Tenda N301 Wireless-N300 Easy Setup Router
Tenda n301 wireless n300 has a very easy setup and the IEE802.3 has made the router reach a higher range. The speed of this internet is 300 Mbps and can be secured with just the push of a WPS button. With 2 antennas having 5dbi omnidirectional providing a higher range you get the signal in most places.
- IEEE 802.3n
- 300 Mbps speed
- WPS button for security
- 5 DBI antennas
- Higher range
- Easy setup and enjoy a security wireless network in a minute,Wireless security encryption easily at a push of WPS button
- Work as client to connect ISP network and share the Internet,300Mbps wireless speed ideal for interruption sensitive applications
- Standard&Protocol IEEE 802.3/3U IEEE 802.11n/g/b,Interface1 10/100Mbps WAN Port;3 10/100Mbps LAN Ports
- Antenna2 fixed 5dbi Omni Directional antenas,Internet Connection TypeDynamic IP,PPPOE,Static IP,L2TP,PPTP
- Package ContentWireless N300 Easy Setup Router N301;Quick Installation Guide;Ethernet cable;Power adapter;Resources CD.
#2. D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router
D-Link’s N300 offers you 300 Mbps of wifi speed that is great for gaming in small spaces. The device can connect to 10 devices and provide smooth streaming on all of those. 2 high gain antennas enhance wifi coverage and a warranty of 3 years. You also get options for various modes of wifi!
- 300 Mbps speed
- Great for gaming
- Ideal for small spaces
- 3 years warranty
- Various modes
- N 300 Mbps wireless Router with high gain Omni Antenna. Dynamic IP (DHCP) : Yes
- Support Multiple operating modes: Router | AP | Repeater | Client
- Easy Setup: Super simple set-up with the D-Link Assistant Mobile APP Or with intuitive WEB GUI setup wizard.
- Advance security with WPA/WPA2 and firewall NAT, SPI, IP Filter, MAC Filter, DMZ, DDos prevention
- Always up-to-date with latest features / updates with online firmware upgrade
#3. TPLINK TL-WR850N Wireless Router
TPLink provides a speed of 300 Mbps as well as easy wireless security with a push of the WPS button. The IP based bandwidth control allows administrators to determine how much bandwidth is allotted to each connected device. The retractable antennas have a web-based configuration with a 3-year warranty for the same!
- 300 Mbps speed
- IP based control
- Retractable antennas
- Web-based configuration
- 3-year warranty
- 1)300Mbps Wireless Speed. 2) High Gain Antenna. 3 ) IPTV
Top 3 Best Dual Band Routers in India
#1. Linksys E5600 AC 1200 Dual Band Router
Linksys gigabit router has a speed of up to 1000 Mbps that supports the E5600 in the Easy Mesh system. The device can connect to more than 10 devices and allow simultaneous streaming due to the MU-MIMO feature. The easy setup and browser-based installation allow High-Speed guest wifi to keep it away from any harmful devices.
- 1000 Mbps speed
- E5600 easy mesh
- Connects to more than 10 devices
- MU-MIMO simultaneous streaming
- Easy setup
- 3-year warranty
- WiFi: AC1200 Speed Up to 866 + 300 mbps wireless speed
- E5600 Now supports Easy Mesh ** E5600 is compatible with E5600 in Easy mesh System (Firmware Upgrade required).
- Dual-Band WiFi 5 Router, supports fast wireless connections Covers up to 1,000 sq. ft, handles 10+ Devices. The Easy Mesh System gives additional coverage and covers more deadspots.
- Simultaneously stream to multiple devices with multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO).
- Directly wire in your devices with 5 x 10/100/1000mbps (1 WAN and 4 LAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports.
#2. TP-Link AC750 Wifi Router
TP-Link AC750 is among the best TP-Link routers that provides 750 Mbps dual-band WiFi that is ideal for homes. 3 external antennas provide stable signal and wireless coverage. 3 working modes including, router mode, Acess point mode, and Range extender mode with IEEE 802.11n GHz. There is also guest access which makes it easier for users to share the network.
- 750 Mbps dual-band
- 3 modes to choose between
- IEEE 802.11n
- Guest access
- 750 Mbps Dual Band Wi-Fi —— Simultaneous 2.4GHz 300Mbps and 5GHz 433Mbps connections for 733Mbps of total available bandwidth. WiFi Range : 2 Bedroom Houses (3× Fixed Antennas)
- Antennas —— 3 external antennas provide stable omnidirectional signal and superior wireless coverage
- Working Modes —— Router Mode, Access Point Mode, Range Extender Mode.
- Wireless Standards —— IEEE 802.11ac/n/a 5 GHz, IEEE 802.11n/b/g 2.4 GHz
- Interface —— 1× 10/100 Mbps WAN Port, 4× 10/100 Mbps LAN Ports
#3. D-Link DIR-1950 MIMO Wireless Router
D-Link DIR-1950 has great wifi speed with MU-MIMO feature that allows simultaneous streaming on multiple devices. The coverage is great for large spaces with its mesh technology. You get access to a better range with AC Smartbeam and more processing power.
- Mu-MIMO feature
- Ideal for large spaces
- Mesh technology
- Better range
- AC Smartbeam
- More processing power
- AC 1900 Mbps WAVE 2 Dual band EasyMesh wireless router with 4 high gain Omni Antenna
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac standard with speed of 600 Mbps on 2.4Ghz & 1300 Mbps on 5Ghz
- Gigabit Ports - One Gigabit WAN & Four Gigabit LAN ports for high speed wired connectivity.
- Expand your coverage from the bedroom to the kitchen and even the backyard. D-Link Wi-Fi Mesh makes it easy to mix-and-match with compatible D-Link extenders for your own customized mesh network
- Support voice assistant and compatible with Google Assistant & Alexa.